"Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect, it means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections to whats really important" Family!

Friday, November 13, 2009

Zombie Cow

UGGGH!

For the last week or so I've been up at crazy hours of the night. It seems like a back slide, but my little girl no longer wants to sleep at night anymore. Instead she is WIDE awake at times when she is supposed to be getting sleepy.

It all starts around 8 pm. She is fed, changed, and all readied up for bed. But the response I get is anything but sleepy! She start to smile and laugh up a storm at the smallest things I do. She coos and giggles, and at time even begins to complain using all her cute little sounds. Sometimes I swear she can "talk". Lomg story short she is staying up till 3am most nights, and last night she fell sound asleep in the morning at 5AM!! Now I'll admit she takes about 2 cat naps in between 8 and 3 am. But she pops right back up in only a few (10-15) minuets.

The lack of sleep is starting to get to me. I tried nursing her more than usual to see if it would put her to sleep and between 3 and 5 I was as dry as the desert. I had to warm up some milk from my freezer stash and give it to her. Maybe its some king of growth spurt, but I'm hoping things will go back to normal soon. In the mean time I have to kick up my pumping again to keep my supply from taking too much of a dip from the stress of sleepless nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails