"Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect, it means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections to whats really important" Family!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Milk Bags




Today I'm out of milk storage bags. Since it's time to buy more I felt like doing a bit of research to see if i could get cheaper bags but still maintain the quality (bpa free ect..). Here is the run-down...

The First Years Easy Pour Milk Storage Bags - 50ct - Amazon.com - $9.63 walmart - $13.96

*My current brand* Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags - 50 bags-Amazon.com- $11.99 - Babiesrus -$13.25

Gerber Seal N Go - 45 ct -Amazon.com - $14.95

Medela Pump & Save - 50ct - $18.99 - Many different stores ..around the same price.

Ameda Mother's Milk Freezer Bags - about $11 on various sites

Ok so here is how i weigh in on the bags after reading online reviews and my own experience with them..

Gerber.......No way, There are too many reviews out there where they say the bags leak. One poster even said that they tested the bags before use each time and 3 out of 4 bags leaked!! Omg! With breast milk being like liquid gold in my opinion, those results are like throwing money away!

Ameda.....look...first off i used similar bags 6 years ago with my second child and they were ok.....but using those clips were ridiculous! the leaks...the spills..uggh! did i mention the clips?! what a disaster. Better off using the clips to hold your hair back while you cry over spilled milk.

Medela.....I've never used the bags but my pump from them is a god send. Just plain amazing, and that what the reviews on the net say about the bags as well. I do want to say that they are on the pricey side, but i guess if you can afford it, why not go for the top tier.

Lansinoh .....These are the bags i use now....they are very good and i am a repeat customer. I do have to say that i had a bag or two thaw out and discovered a leak or two, but thats out of a hundred or so bags. Overall i give them a 95%.

The first years ...Never used them, but they get pretty decent reviews, but many people say the have a strong plastic smell.

After poking around, I think I'm going to just get the Lansinoh ones.....I don't want waste any milk by being too .........frugal if you will. Ok, off to the store i go. I know it seems silly, but I like to "see whats out there" from time to time to ensure I'm getting the best deal around.

uh! seems i am full, time to pump.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails