"Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect, it means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections to whats really important" Family!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Milkin' Less?

I am concerned...

As I mentioned in my holiday blog entry, I think my left breast is drying up!!! I'm just getting less milk in there lately,...a whole lot less!. I don't know what's going on. My DD is only 5 months old, she nurses F/T, for the most part I don't give her any bottles or supplement with formula. I thought I was doing everything right and now POOF! Overnight my supply in that ONE boob is cut in half! weird.......My right breast is producing just fine, no change there.

This is very frustrating, and not the worry I want to begin the year with. Not that I want to worry at all this year, but I have been able to save tons of money because I don't need formula. My baby budget has been on track so far, and I'm not too thrilled about the looming threat of similac's outrageous prices. I was hoping to BF at LEAST to 8-9 months. With my last son, I began to dry up naturally because of my hectic, killer OT schedule. There was just simply no time to pump at work, and my bosses didn't care. Their only concern was that I was at my desk taking calls. If I knew then what I know now I would have made a bigger stink about it, but that's water under now.

Lately, I've been trying to keep the stress of things going on all the way to a minimum by just not concentrating on it, but maybe it's internalized and manifesting itself in my lowered milk supply. I don't know.......I hope I can get to the bottom of this soon, and the milk rebounds. I'd hate to have to give up BF'ing so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails