"Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect, it means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections to whats really important" Family!

Friday, December 18, 2009

Missing Medela

Lazy....?

Maybe that's it, but I must confess..., I have not pumped in a few weeks. Ok....well maybe that's a stretch because I had to attend to business and upon my return I had to pump out the milk that collected while I was away from my LO, So saying I haven't pumped at all is a lie. What I'm trying to say is that most (99%) of my girl's meals come straight from the tap nowadays. I don't pump in the middle of the night or even in the daytime for that matter. If I have to be away from Hana for a short period of time, I take time out to nurse her really well before I leave. She has been doing well with being able to wait for my return. When she was smaller, she had to have a bottle and could not wait, but at almost five months she can.


I have to say that I am missing my "old faithful". I used to sleep with the pump within arms reach for those nighttime sessions. My pump ia sitting near my dresser patiently awaiting my return. I fully intended to kick-up the pumping but I just could not stick with it and go back to the grueling schedule. I don't think my supply has gone down much, so for now I think we'll be ok, besides I still have the huge freezer stash for back-up.

Has anyone else made the unintentional transition to nursing only and not giving bottles of expressed milk to baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails