"Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect, it means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections to whats really important" Family!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Antibodies

Since I am raging ill, my little flower will be getting lots of antibodies from my milk. I was told by my doctor that bf'ing while you are sick is good for the baby. I hope so, because my body aches and my throat feels like I've been rubbing it with sand paper. So far Hana only has the the sneezies. I hope she doesn't get sick.

This illness could not be any timelier since I think the baby is going through a growth spurt. She is nursing like a little monster lately. At about 1 am or so she begins feeding fervently. A few nights back she drank so much, I was left completely empty! she was fussing for more so I tried to just keep nursing her but the milk was not coming fast enough. I broke down and gave her a bottle of expressed milk.

It's been like this for a few days, but now my body has got the hint and now at the same time of night there is now a lot of milk available. I would be happy but being sick and all, I don't feel up to dragging myself up in bed to pump. Needless to say that I suffered engorgement last night. I was hoping the baby would drink up the milk but as it turns out she was sleepy.

I am not looking forward to tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep on up with nursing even if you are sick. Baby will get all the good antibodies and keep your suply up as well.

JaelCustomDesigns said...

Popping in from BCC!

Great Blog!

I'm going 21 months strong breastfeeding my little man.

Following your blog...

MooMoo Mama said...

Hey Jen,

21 months ehh? I don't know if I can make it that long. my short term goal is to nurse for one year. You are superwoman.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails