"Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect, it means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections to whats really important" Family!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Milk Made!

So go ahead and call me la pollo grande, but I can't continue to drink the sage tea and quit pumping.

I cut my pumping and started on this tea to reduce my supply a bit and ....to my horror it HAS WORKED! I no longer am getting over 45 oz out per day. I don't know if anyone else who has purposefully cut their milk supply back has experienced this huge feeling that they are doing something wrong, but I had to stop. It just felt wrong, and maybe a fear of drying up too soon has gotten the best of me. It was nice not to have to wash and sterilize pump parts and lots of bottles.
I don't know, maybe I'll try it again when the baby starts on solids around six months, but for now...

let the pumping resume!

Who needs a freezer full of meat when the supermarket is just a short drive avay =^_^=

1 comment:

Shuansmom77 said...

I worried about the same thing. But if it's easier to just nurse, you should go for it. As long as you are alternating sides your milk supply should not suffer.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails